Why You Need PicoSure Skin Rejuvenation AT DERMACARE SAN DIEGO

Published: September 29, 2016
Category: Blog, Laser Treatments, Skin Care
crows feet san diego

If you are looking for a way to achieve full skin rejuvenation with minimal discomfort and no downtime, consider the innovative PicoSure laser procedure. Known for its superior ability to remove tattoos, this device has now been approved to refresh your complexion and treat a host of skin concerns as well. PicoSure is now available at Dermacare Laser & Skin Care Clinics, giving our patients state-of-the-art options in skin rejuvenation and anti-aging procedures.

What Is PicoSure?

PicoSure is a revolutionary laser treatment that combines the dramatic results of ablative laser rejuvenation with a non-invasive treatment that typically involves minimal discomfort and downtime. The procedure treats 10 percent of the skin at the high energy, ablative level, while the other 90 percent treats the underlying dermal layers with less damage to surrounding skin and tissue. This allows for deeper penetration into the layers of dermis generally without the trauma or skin damage of more invasive procedures.

What Can It Treat?

PicoSure is a versatile treatment that can address a variety of skin issues:

  • Wrinkles around the eyes, including crow’s feet
  • Wrinkles around the mouth, including smile lines
  • Lines that appear between the eyebrows, known as frown lines
  • Fine lines above the upper lip, known as lipstick lines
  • Pigmented lesions and brown spots
  • Shallow scarring from acne and chicken pox

With many potential treatment benefits, PicoSure can be an effective choice for patients of all ages and all skin types, with a myriad of aesthetic concerns.

What Are the Benefits?

PicoSure skin rejuvenation is unique in how it works. This device emits one of the fastest pulses available today, which is effective for treating any number of skin problems as well as removing body ink. The shorter, faster pulse of the device ensures deeper penetration into the deeper layers of the dermis, without damaging surrounding skin and tissue. Other benefits of PicoSure include:

  • Treats a broader range of skin concerns
  • Greater comfort over other laser treatments
  • Faster treatment sessions offer excellent results
  • No downtime, few side effects after the procedure
  • Fewer treatments needed to achieve full results
  • Most patients see positive results after just one treatment

PicoSure is still a new option for skin rejuvenation, so there are not many physicians currently offering this treatment. The procedure is available at Dermacare Laser & Skin Care Clinics, providing San Diego patients an early opportunity to try out this innovative skin rejuvenation treatment.

About the Procedure

PicoSure skin rejuvenation is a relatively quick treatment that takes between 10 and 30 minutes to complete. During treatment, pulses of laser light penetrate into the deeper layers of dermis without disrupting the outer dermal layers. Most patients find the rapid pulses relatively comfortable, but topical anesthetic is an option for those that are concerned about comfort during the procedure.

After treatment, patients are usually able to return to regular activities right away. Redness is a common side effect after the procedure, but this can generally be camouflaged by makeup. Most patients do not experience any post-procedural discomfort, making it easy to get right back into their routines after treatment.

About the Results

The results of a PicoSure skin rejuvenation treatment should become evident shortly after the procedure, but they will also improve in the weeks and months following the procedure. Collagen production is expected to increase, which can actually turn back the clock on your appearance naturally and dramatically. Most patients find that a series of treatments will provide dramatic, long-lasting results.

PicoSure skin rejuvenation is a revolutionary procedure that can offer a myriad of benefits to patients looking to turn back the clock and refresh the complexion. To learn more about this procedure, contact Dermacare Laser & Skin Care Clinics at 858-943-2443 or 760-472-5088.