Women have many specific health needs, both during menopause and throughout their lives. Changes occur to the body during different stages that can impact both how a woman looks and feels. Hormonal fluctuations are one of the primary culprits of these changes, although environmental factors, lifestyle choices and the natural aging process can also play a role.
The good news is there are steps women can take to counter some of those changes to maintain optimal health throughout their lives. While menopause is a particularly important time for women to take control of their health, any time is the right time to adopt healthy habits and take advantage of the treatments available today that can help you look and feel your best. At Dermacare Laser & Skin Care Clinics, we are committed to the health of our female patients and offer numerous treatments as services to help you maintain optimal healthy through every stage of your life.
Taking Control of Menopause
While good health is important throughout life, it becomes even more relevant during the menopause years. Pre- or perimenopause can begin as early as the late 30s for some women and last for up to 10 years before the menopause stage is completed. The symptoms of menopause can be challenging for some women and good health becomes even more important in those years when the aging process can increase your risk for some types of medical conditions.
Symptoms of menopause might include:
- Irregular periods, may be lighter or heavier than usual
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Vaginal dryness and discomfort
- Insomnia, difficulty sleeping
- Intense mood changes
- Slower metabolism and weight gain
- Dry skin and hair, hair can also start to thin
During this time of life, your muscle mass and bone density can also diminish, resulting in a higher risk of osteoporosis and other problems. You may also begin to worry more about the possibility of serious health conditions like heart disease and cancer.
Taking control of menopause is about managing the symptoms that often accompany this life phase as well as maintaining a high level of health to combat the increased risk of some conditions. At Dermacare Laser & Skin Care Clinics, we offer a variety of services to help you make the menopause years the best that they can be.
Women’s Health at Dermacare
There are a variety of services available at Dermacare to help women look and feel their best throughout the menopause years and through every other stage of life:
- Weight loss and body shaping treatments to help you maintain a healthy number on the scale and a body contour that you are proud to flaunt
- Female incontinence treatments to help women overcome bladder control issues that can become more common in the later years of life
- Vaginal rejuvenation to address changes to the vagina that can occur due to childbirth and aging, reducing dryness and discomfort
- Cosmetic treatments to help women look as young as they feel and correct nagging imperfections at any age
When you choose Dermacare for your health and cosmetic treatments, you can rest assured your needs will be handled respectfully and professionally so that you are comfortable with any treatment you schedule with us. We will discuss your concerns and help you find solutions to enhance your appearance and your quality of life overall. To learn more about the services available at Dermacare Laser & Skin Care Clinics designed with our female patients in mind, contact us today at 855-853- 4920 or 888-985- 1751.