Dear Dermacare Patients,
We hope this communication finds you and your families safe and healthy. Our staff and their families have so far remained healthy during this time and we thank you so much for your kind words and well-wishes during Dermacare’s temporary closure.
We wanted to check in with you, our patients, and go over some Dermacare updates and reminders while we are still under closure due to COVID-19. Please see the following list of FAQs we have been receiving from our patients.
Patient FAQs during Dermacare’s Temporary Closure
How do I contact Dermacare?
We understand you might have some questions regarding your treatment pathway or questions about rescheduling appointments. Here are some ways you can reach out to us:
- We are most readily available via email. You may respond to this message, or email email@example.com when you are ready. We are checking phone messages at least twice a week, but please note you may face longer delays in response if leaving a phone message.
- You may also message us on either Facebook or Instagram. You can find us on both platforms using the handle @dermacaresandiego
- If you have an urgent medical need regarding a treatment you received at Dermacare, please call us.
- If calling the Rancho Bernardo office, please call and choose option 3 to speak to a member of the medical staff.
- If calling the Carlsbad office, please choose option 1, and then option 2 to speak to a member of the medical staff.
What should I do if I was in the middle of a treatment plan and the closure affects the time in between my treatments?
- For Coolsculpting, Sculpsure, laser hair/vein removal, and most esthetician services, the temporary delay will have no effect on results and we can restart your treatment once Dermacare is open again.
- For Botox/dermal filler treatments, there will be no negative effects on results, and we can restart your treatment once Dermacare is open again. If you weren’t already scheduled for Botox/filler, and would like to be scheduled as soon as possible once we open back up, please respond to this email and you will be added to our list of patients to schedule once we have an official-open date.
- For skin rejuvenating laser treatments (Pico treatments, Fraxel treatments, 1540, IPL, Genesis, Titan, Pelleve, and others) along with Mona Lisa Touch treatments, the overall long-term results will not be affected with a delay. However, the maximum 6 month benefit to these treatments might be slightly less than what patients would experience if they were able to receive their treatments on-time. To counter the delay, Dermacare will be adding (at no additional charge) an additional treatment to any laser packages affected during the temporary closure.
How will I be rescheduled if my appointment was cancelled or my upcoming appointment is cancelled due to the closure?
- If your appointment was cancelled or will be cancelled due to the closure, we will be contacting you at least one week prior to us opening back up to get you rescheduled. Anyone that was already on the books will have priority to reschedule over new appointments. We do not have an official open-date yet, but will be sure to alert you once that is set.
Is Dermacare offering virtual consultations?
- Dr. Birchall is available by appointment to video/phone chat about patients concerns or next steps. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Birchall.
What can I do to keep my skin healthy while staying home?
- We highly recommend keeping up your at-home skin care routine and even introducing a product like our Dermacare Retinol if you haven’t already.
- For a maximum healthy skin benefit, we recommend Dr. Birchall’s Core 4 products. If you need assistance picking out products, please respond to this email.
- Protect your skin with SPF. Even if you aren’t going outside as much during this time, use an SPF to protect your skin against UVA, UVB and blue light. We have many options in our Dermacare line of products. For our Colorescience fans, all Colorescience products are currently 25% off on our online store.
Where can I purchase Dermacare products during the temporary closure?
- You can purchase our Dermacare products on our online store here: https://store.dermacaresandiego.com/
- Orders will be fulfilled and shipped out to your home in 1-3 business days.
For any other questions, please email us at email@example.com and we should get back to you within 1 business day.
We can’t thank you enough for your patience and understanding during this time. We cannot wait to continue to help you reveal your beauty.
Dr. Birchall and the Dermacare Staff