In the past, achieving a more youthful look usually meant surgery, complete with anesthesia, incisions and a lengthy recovery period. Today, we can turn back the clock with minimal disruption to your daily life, thanks to a procedure known as a non-surgical facelift. This procedure is actually a combination of a few of our minimally-invasive treatments customized to your specific concerns to help you achieve your precise aesthetic goals. When you begin designing your non-surgical facelift, there are a few treatments you might want to consider as part of your procedure.
BOTOX® Cosmetic or Dysport®
Botox and Dysport have been the go-to anti-wrinkle treatments for some time and for good reason. In just a few minutes of time, you can smooth away wrinkles from the upper face and create a younger, worry-free appearance. Botox or Dysport injections should be a part of your non-surgical facelift if you have any of the following concerns:
- Horizontal creases across the forehead
- Vertical lines (known as the 11s) between the eyebrows
- Fine lines in the outer corners of the eyes (known as crow’s feet)
- A drooping or uneven brow line
Botox and Dysport injections typically last for 3-4 months before a touch-up treatment is needed. Some patients find that if they get their treatments on a regular schedule, they can begin to go a bit longer between injections.
Dermal fillers are another type of injectable treatment that effectively turn back the hands of time on your appearance. These formulations work underneath the skin’s surface to support the dermal structure and smooth away wrinkles from the inside out. At Dermacare Laser & Skin Care Clinics, we offer the following options in dermal fillers:
- Bellafill® – corrects acne scars and adds volume to the face
- Belotero Balance® – treats nasolabial folds and fine lines
- JUVÉDERM® – minimizes wrinkles and restores volume to the full face and increases lip volume
- JUVÉDERM Voluma® – smooths out wrinkles in the mid-face
- RADIESSE® – produces a more youthful look on the face and the hands
- Restylane® – treats wrinkles on the full face and adds lip volume
- Sculptra® Aesthetic – replaces collagen to reduce the appearance of deep facial creases
Each dermal filler offers a unique texture and particle size to treat different areas of the face. Dermal fillers also vary somewhat in how long the results last, with most extending 6-12 months. Sculptra is the longest-lasting wrinkle filler, with results lasting up to two years or more.
While injectables offer positive anti-aging results in the right combination, the results become even more dramatic when laser skin rejuvenation is added to the mix. Laser treatments work by stimulating the body’s own healing response to produce additional collagen and create a fresher look. The procedures can also reverse mild to moderate skin laxity to firm up the facial profile. Dermacare Laser & Skin Care Clinics feature the following laser rejuvenation procedures:
- Titan Skin Tightening – works on the jawline, cheeks and forehead
- Laser Genesis – reduces the appearance of fine lines, enlarged pores, brown and red spots
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) – corrects skin discoloration (brown spots and red spots)
- Fraxel® II re:store – fractional laser technology creates micro-injuries in the skin to stimulate the body’s own healing process, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and tightening skin
- SmartSkin CO2™ – improves skin texture, tightens the skin, and minimizes brown spots
- Titan™ Skin Tightening – works on the jawline, cheeks and forehead
The best advantage of a non-surgical facial is the fact that you can mix and match a variety of these procedures to create the desired look you want. Dr. Birchall will work with you to understand your specific aesthetic goals and help you choose the best procedures for you. To learn more, contact Dermacare Laser & Skin Care Center in San Diego at 858-943-2443 or in Carlsbad at 760-472-5088.